Monday 2 March 2009

Cornfield - Same brushes, stylized composition

This Photoshop painting was inspired by the Yosemite park. I used some of the brushes I created for the previous, more realistic painting and used them on a heavily stylized composition. Looking at the finished painting I think it's safe to say that various grades of stylization can be used within one image as long as they're consistant across the discipline.












This painting was actually very satisfying for me since I reused all the brushes and managed to create a totally different landscape in a very short amount of time. I'm thinking of doing this again in an extremer way using highly detailed brushes on very abstract shapes. I'm just a bit unsure about the lighting style... in theory I'll be able to set the level of realism and detail of my lighting techniques totally independent from other components of the image.

We'll see...

No comments: